We believe that NICA mountain bike racing will significantly strengthen the foundation of the sport of cycling for decades to come!
For the 2015-2016 Season, we wanted to help encourage and support the best athletes that our local teams have to offer. What makes an athlete rise to this level? It is not enough to be fast, they have to be a positive force on their team, displaying dedication not just to his or her own performance, but also to their teammates, their school, and the cycling community at large.
We solicited applications from local racers, and based on the criteria described above, we selected six promising young athletes to support. As the season progresses, we will meet each one of them through a race report! Here they are:
- Race 1, 3/6/16, Fort Ord (Race Report by Harrison Jantze, Senior @ Redwood HS)
- Race 2, 3/19/16, Granite Bay (Race Report by Joey Rempe, Senior @ Novato HS)
- Race 3, 4/9/16, Fort Ord (Race Report by Kyle Hammer, Freshman @ Marin Catholic HS)
- Race 4, 4/23/16, Fort Ord (Race Report by Sebastian Dow, Freshman @ San Marin HS)
- Race 5, 5/8/16, Laguna Seca (Race Report by Joey Rempe, Senior @ Novato HS)
- State Championships, 5/22/16, Los Olivos (Race Report by Conner Kredo-Brown, Senior @ Terra Linda)